In 1938, Conesus Lake Sportsmen's Club (CLSC) was born. The club
was begun by a group of local people who wanted a place to go
to improve their hunting skills, keep and train their hunting
dogs, and foster the ideals of conservation, forestry and environmental
Over the next several years, the club became home to many community
organizations who needed a place to meet and grow. At one time
during the 60's and 70's, the club grounds housed stock ponds
for the DEC which grew and cultivated fish to be let loose into
Conesus Lake to balance the ecosystem and provide fish for the
growing population around the Livonia/Lakeville area.
Throughout the mid to late 1900's, CLSC worked with the DEC and
NRA to provide hunter safety courses to hundreds of new hunters
across the area.